Ready Player One

 Ready Player 1 assignment:

- The game I played was Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. The only difference between the two were UI changes and more map selection. Also, the new game included a new story line.


Avatar: How are they different from their real life character?

- We interviewed player bestatnick, he said: “My in-game character was a girl and I am a guy in real-life. I choose female avatars because the female characters are smaller, so they are harder to get hit in the game.

- My avatar was tall, skinny, and lean to resemble my own physical characteristics. She had long blonde hair as well, even though mine is brown.

- She wears a warrior outfit, similar to one you would see in Assassin's Creed.


What type of virtual reactions do you have while gaming?



- When I game, I feel the same emotions that I do in real life.

- If I lose in the game, I feel the same kind of disappointment and frustration I would in the real world. So very similar reactions


Are you ever curious to meet your friends outside of the game?


- Yes I am always curious to. I have actually met all of them if they lived in the state (Chicago) already.

- The only ones I have not met yet are the ones from different countries (UK)


Have you encountered suspicious players that made you uncomfortable chatting with?

- I always found cheaters on the game. Certain people become very involved in the game and will do anything to win.

- Especially when playing a game where money can be on the line people, will try and do anything to gain an edge

Gaming within Destiny


- I was really big in the competitive Destiny scene. The community called the games that we played ‘sweats’.

-The sweat games were very intense and it involved only the best of ranked players competing against each other.

-There were also prize pools involved with players who competed in it. In the prize pools, people would wager money and the winner(s) would receive cash at the end of each event.


If there was one thing from the game that you could replicate in real life, what would it be?

- I would replicate the enhanced abilities that avatar have in video games.

- If I could use these advantages in real life, I would make use of the superhuman strength, stamina, and easy and unlimited access to money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment #1

I, Robot